'As Dark As Midnight' Halloween Honey Fudgeother
- Prep time:
- 5 mins
- Cook time:
- 20 mins
- Suitable for:
- Demons & Mummies
- Provided by:
Great as a treat for the kids arround Halloween or Bonfire Night and really easy to make too. Try cutting the fudge in to 1.5cm cubes and rolling in cocoa powder to make honey truffles. Great for gifts!
You'll need a sugar thermometer which can be found in most supermarkets or cook shops.
- 1kg golden caster sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp dark soft brown sugar
- 1 tin (397g) condensed milk
- 100ml full-fat milk (Gold Top if possible)
- A pinch of salt
- 300g Haughton Honey
- 75g unsalted butter, diced
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pan gently heat the dark brown sugar, condensed milk and full fat milk until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the caster sugar and stir until that has dissolved.
- Add the salt and honey, raise the heat slowly and gently boil to the 'soft-ball' stage - you need to use a sugar thermometer for this and look to reach a temperature of 114c-116c.
- Take the pan off the heat and let the mixture rest for a minute or two before adding the butter.
- Mix the fudge with a whisk for a few minutes and then pour in to a lined baking tray. Allow to cool and set and cut in to manageable pieces.
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz