Baked Ricotta With Honey, Orange & Almondspudding
- Prep time:
- 5 mins
- Cook time:
- 12-16 mins
- Suitable for:
- Provided by:
- Australian Gourmet Traveller
This baked ricotta is a beautiful light pudding to complete any dinner, but it also makes a great brunch. For a gluten-free version, substitute almond meal for the flour.
- 40g unsalted butter, softened
- 55g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Haughton Honey
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 380g firm ricotta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 85g toasted almonds, coarsley chopped
- FOR THE ORANGE SYRUP: Juice and grated rind of 1/2 an orange
- 80g Haughton Honey
- Preheat your oven to 240C. Beat the butter, sugar and honey in an electric mixer until smooth, then stir in the flour, ricotta and eggs. Transfer to a buttered 23cm-diameter cake tin, smooth the top and then bake until golden and puffed (12-16 minutes).
- Meanwhile, for the orange syrup, combine the ingredients in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring to dissolve the honey, then spoon over the baked ricotta before scattering with the chopped, toasted almonds.
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz