Balsamic Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaksother
- Prep time:
- 5 mins
- Cook time:
- 25-30 mins
- Suitable for:
- Provided by:
Bring cabbage to a whole new level with this simple, fast and delicious side dish.
This recipe is simple, fast and delicious—If you’d prefer to steer-clear of the corned beef and new potatoes this St. Patrick’s Day, try this easy recipe for Roasted Cabbage Steaks. With a sweet-savory balsamic and honey glaze, these thick roasted cabbage slices are perfect to accompany grilled meat or poultry.
- 1/2 head of savoy cabbage cut in to 1/2" thick rounds
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp course sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Haughton Honey
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Arrange the cabbage slices in a single layer and brush with the honey balsamic vinaigrette. Season with the coarse salt and ground pepper and sprinkle with thyme. Roast until the cabbage is tender and the edges are golden (aprx 25 to 30 minutes).
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz