Bruschetta With Gorgonzola And Honeystarter
- Prep time:
- 20 mins
- Cook time:
- 15 mins
- Suitable for:
- Provided by:
- Giada De Laurentiis
The subtle sweetness of the honey really compliments the strong and creamy Gorgonzola cheese.
Such a very simple snack to make for a quick lunch or late night treat..
- 36 slices (1/2-inch thick) baguette bread, about 1 loaf
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of Haughton Honey
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Arrange the sliced baguette on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Bake until the bread is pale golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Arrange the cheese on the toasts and bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle the toasts with honey. Place on a serving platter and serve immediately.
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz