Curried Coconut Chicken Skewers With Honey-Lime Coleslawmaincourse
- Prep time:
- 25 mins
- Cook time:
- 10 mins
- Suitable for:
- Meat Eaters
- Provided by:
Fire up the BBQ and try these spicy skewers tonight. Once your family gets a taste of these curried chicken skewers they'll be in regular demand all year round!
- 8 wooden skewers
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 1 tbsp and 2 tsp Haughton Honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-in. pieces
- 2 tbsp coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, cut in to quarters
- 1/3 cup rapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 sweetheart (pointy), finely shredded
- 1/2 a large white onion, peeled and grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for 10 min. Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat.
- Whisk the coconut milk with the curry paste, 2 tsp of Haughton Honey and 1/4 tsp of salt in a large bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade in a small bowl or cup. Add the chicken breasts to the large bowl and stir them about to coat them. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Thread the chicken breast pieces onto the skewers. BBQ the chicken skewers for 5 to 6 minutes per side, basting with the reserved marinade for the last 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with the chopped coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
- Whisk the rapeseed oil with the lime juice, 1 tbsp Haughton Honey and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Add the carrot, lettuce, onion and the mint and toss the home-made coleslaw until well-coated. Season with fresh pepper and serve alongside grilled chicken skewers.
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz