Get The Kids To Make Daisy's Fantastic Sticky Honey Pear Flapjackspudding
- Prep time:
- 15 mins
- Cook time:
- 30 mins
- Suitable for:
- Provided by:
A fantastic way to smuggle pears into a handy treat.
Use the same weight in apples or mashed banana if you like.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g brown sugar
- 75g of Haughton Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod
- The zest of one lemon
- 200g porridge oats
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- A pinch of sea salt
- 200g nuts (whole or chopped) and/or seeds
- 150g pear, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 160c/Gas 3. Line a 20cm square tin (or something of a similar size) with greaseproof paper. It makes getting the flapjack out of the tin much easier.
- Melt the butter, sugar, honey, vanilla and lemon zest (if using) in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- Mix the oats, mixed spice, a good pinch of sea salt and the nuts/seeds. Fold the grated pear through. Stir the melted butter mix through the oat mix until sticky and thick.
- Press the mix into your prepared tin. Place in the centre of your oven on the middle. Bake for 30 minutes or until the flapjacks are golden on the top and crispy around the edges. Allow the flapjack to cool fully before cutting up.
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz