Jamie's Marinated And Grilled Salmonmaincourse
- Prep time:
- 1 hour
- Cook time:
- 20 mins
- Suitable for:
- Provided by:
- Jamie Oliver
Sticky, citrusy salmon with a chilli kick. "I'm loving the contrasts here… the salmon's gorgeous and juicy inside, dark and sticky outside. This really is easy to make and tastes just as good cold as it does hot. I love the dark, sticky outside with the juicy pink salmon underneath".
Thanks to Jamie Oliver for allowing us to share his recipe. More of his great ideas can be found at Jamie's website here
- 2 sticks fresh lemon grass
- ½ small bottle low-salt dark soy sauce
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, stalks finely sliced, leaves reserved
- 1 thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 large salmon fillet, (about 1kg), from sustainable sources, ask your fishmonger, scaled and pin-boned
- 4 tablespoons of runny Haughton Honey
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 limes
- Bash up your lemon grass and mix it with the soy sauce, coriander stalks, ginger and garlic then rub all over the salmon fillet. Leave it to marinate for an hour or so, either in a plastic bag or on a tray covered with cling film.
- Preheat your grill to its highest setting. When you're ready to cook the salmon, remove it from the marinade, brush with honey and grill for 10 minutes.
- Fork up the cooked salmon a little so everyone can see the lovely, dark, sticky outside and the juicy, pink fish underneath. Serve sprinkled with the chillies, spring onions, reserved coriander leaves, then squeeze over the lime.
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz