Melanie's Honey & Soy Marinade (or Stir Fry)maincourse
- Prep time:
- 60 mins
- Cook time:
- 10 to 30 mins
- Suitable for:
- Provided by:
- Melanie Franzoni
This simple, Asian-inspired marinade is fabulous basted over tuna or salmon steaks, chicken or pork. It can even be used as a stir fry sauce if you double or treble the amount.
Thanks to Melanie Franzoni for sending this recipe in to us. We can't wait too give it a whirl!
- 2 tablespoons of Haughton Honey
- Half a red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- A 1" piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- The juice of a quarter of a lime
- 1 tablespoon of chopped, fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil (if stir frying)
- A selection of sliced vegetables (if stir frying)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl before adding your fish or meat. Marinade for at least an hour before cooking on the BBQ or in a thick-based pan or griddle on the hob.
- To use the marinade as a stir fry sauce heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a wok and then throw in a selection of sliced vegetables (mangetout, spring onions, peppers, beansprouts, pak choi etc)
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz