Roasted Root Vegetables (Done Proper!)maincourse
- Prep time:
- 30 mins
- Cook time:
- 45 mins - 1 hour
- Suitable for:
- Vegetarians, Everyone
- Provided by:
- James Peters
Easy. Oh so easy. One of those 'just throw it all together recipes' that we love with the added twist of honey, walnuts and thyme.
This is the classic, sticky alternative to the traditional roast accompaniment.
Thanks to James for sending us this recipe.
- 450g/1lb carrots
- 450g or 1lb potatoes
- 450g or 1lb parsnips
- 225g or 1/2lb red onions
- A good slug of virgin olive oil
- Five tablespoons of Haughton Honey
- A handful of chopped, fresh thyme
- A handful of halved walnuts
- One lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black or mixed pepper
- Firstly, wash all the root vegetables but don't peel them. Slice them into large chunky pieces. Cut the lemon in half and peel the red onions before cutting in to quarters. Place all the vegetables in to an oven tray and drizzle with the olive oil and honey. Sprinkle over the handful of chopped, fresh thyme and the walnuts. Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place the tray in to a pre-heated oven at 180C/350F for 40-50 minutes to cook all the vegetables through (leave them in a little longer if you prefer them really caramelised). Remove from the oven from time-to-time during cooking to coat all the vegetables in the glaze. Serve with the rest of your roast!
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz