Smoked Trout With Beetroot And Radish Saladstarter
- Prep time:
- 10 mins
- Cook time:
- Suitable for:
- Everyone, Vegetarians
- Provided by:
- Australian Gourmet Traveller
A perfect match and a perfect light lunch!
- 2 small beetroot, scrubbed and thinly sliced on a mandoline.
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 100g (about 4) pickled onions, thinly sliced
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, coarsely torn
- Half a handful (about 30g) mustard cress
- 4 smoked trout fillets (approximately 200g each)
- FOR THE DRESSING: 60ml lemon juice
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard (Maille)
- 1 tbsp Haughton Honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the honey mustard dressing, place the ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To put the salad together combine the beetroot, radish, onion, parsley and mustard cress in a bowl, add 2/3 of the dressing and toss gently to combine. Arrange on individual plates with the trout. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve immediately.
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz