Spiced Rock Bunspudding
- Prep time:
- 15 mins
- Cook time:
- 20 mins
- Suitable for:
- Provided by:
- Patricia Robinson
Fruit and spice and all things nice!
These little buns don't have to look perfect which makes it a lot easier. They'll be eaten up in no time too.
- 226g/8oz of self raising flour
- 85g/3oz of margarine
- 85g/3oz of demerara sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Haughton Honey
- 1 free range egg
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 28g/1oz of chopped mixed peel
- 28g/1oz chopped glace ginger
- 56g/2oz seedless raisins (or sultanas)
- 28g/1oz chopped walnuts
- Grated nutmeg
- Cream the margarine and sugar together and then add the honey and beat well.
- Sift in the flour, spices and mix gently before adding the fruit.
- Beat the egg and add it to the mixture with your fingers until it just holds its shape (you could use a fork if you don't want to get messy!)
- Place the mixture in small heaps on a baking sheet and top each one with a little demerara.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a moderately hot oven until just browning on the top.
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz