Ssämjang (Korean spicy dipping sauce)other
- Prep time:
- 10 mins
- Cook time:
- Suitable for:
- Provided by:
This home-made Ssämjang keeps in the fridge for about a week, covered with cling film or in a tupperware, and is great with any grilled meat or poultry or used in a Korean wrap with crispy iceburg lettuce.
- 50 grams doenjang (Korean soybean paste)
- 1 tbsp gochujang (Korean spicy paste
- 3 tbsp chopped white onion
- 3 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp Haughton Honey
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Water to thin, if necessary
- Stir to combine everything well in a small bowl.
- Add a dab of ssamjang with lettuce, grilled meat and/or steamed multi-grained rice.
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz