Who Can Resist A Honey & Banana Cake?other
- Prep time:
- 15 mins
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
- Suitable for:
- Provided by:
- Renna Creighton
This simple honey and banana cake is easy to make and is the perfect companion to a cup of tea!
Thanks to Renna Creighton for sharing the recipe.
- 60g of farm butter (room temperature)
- 200g of caster sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp of Haughton Honey
- 250g of self-raising flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of milk
- Preheat your oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together the caster sugar and butter. Mash the bananas in a bowl until soft and add to the sugar and flour along with the beaten egg.
- Sieve the flour and the baking powder in to the mixture and fold in well. Add the milk and mix again. Pour in to a suitably sized and greased loaf tin (or use a loaf tin liner instead of greasing the tin).
- Place the cake in to the centre of the oven (turn the oven down to 175c if fan assisted) and bake for 30 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 160c/Gas Mark 3 and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool. Serve the cake as it comes or drizzle with icing sugar for extra presentation.
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz