Try This Raspberry & Honey Cranachan On Burns Nightpudding
- Prep time:
- 5 mins
- Cook time:
- 3 mins
- Suitable for:
- Provided by:
A very very easy treat for Burns Night and a great complimentary pudding to haggis!
- 50g (2oz) medium oatmeal
- 250ml (8fl oz) double cream
- 2 tbsp whisky
- 250g (8oz) fresh raspberries
- 3 tbsp of Haughton Honey
- Place the oatmeal in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and dry-fry for 2–3 minutes, stirring continuously, until toasted. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, whip the whisky and cream with a hand-held electric whisk in a bowl until it forms soft peaks. Place a handful of the raspberries in a separate bowl and crush with a fork.
- Stir the oatmeal, honey, crushed raspberries and remaining raspberries into the whisky-cream. Spoon into 4 glasses and serve immediately.
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz