Very Very Sticky Honey Soy Chicken Wingsstarter
- Prep time:
- 2 hrs 15 mins
- Cook time:
- 15 mins
- Suitable for:
- Meat Eaters
- Provided by:
- Tyler Florence
Nom nom nom nom. There's nothing like getting your sticky fingers around these little sweet and tasty chicken wings.
They can either be cooked on the hob as in the recipe below or put straight on the BBQ after marinading. Thanks to Tyler Florence for this recipe.
- 2lb (about 40) chicken wings
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- The juice of half a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of Haughton Honey
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry. Remove tip and discard; separate each wing at the joint into 2 pieces. Place wings in a shallow dish and pour over the soy sauce, ginger, coriander, garlic, and lemon juice. Toss well to coat; marinate, refrigerated, for 2 hours.
- Remove wings from the marinade and pat dry; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter in the olive oil. When the butter stops foaming, add the honey and chicken wings and fry until browned on each side (about 5 minutes). Continue cooking the wings, turning them over often to coat them as the glaze reduces. Cook until the wings are sticky and cooked through. Garnish with the sesame seeds and serve.
Notes for the cook: if you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15% ~ 1 teaspoon = 5ml and 1 tablespoon = 15ml ~ some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; 150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz